The original community of Victoria is located on the bottom of Lake Allatoona. The Cherokee had a settlement here known as Indian Hill with a rock fish trap in the river.
A very small country store was established in the early 1800s by a Mr. Robinson at the intersection of Canton-Acworth Road (now Victoria Road). His wife’s name was Victoria. The store was named Victoria’s, hence the name of the community.
The area was mostly farm land with cotton the main crop. The area away from the river had been called the place where “the devil’s apron strings broke and spilled almost all the rocks he had.”
One of the early settlers was Samuel Lovinggood who came in 1854. He built a large home on the Etowah River at a point he called Lovinggood’s Landing, later called Victoria’s Landing. He built a toll bridge across the river and charged 10 cents a head to cross – animal or human. He operated a cotton gin. He is buried on top of a hill approximately half a mile from the lake in a community cemetery. His home was dismantled when the lake was filled, however, when the lake is low, the outline of the brick foundation can still be seen from Victoria’s Landing.
Source: The Heritage of Cherokee County Georgia 1831-1998